Monday, March 11, 2013

Trader Joe's vs. Whole Foods

Anyone have an opinion on this?  The only major difference I can come up with is that you pretty much need to either be a lawyer, doctor, successful businessman or celebrity to shop at Whole Foods while the ordinary everyday Joe can shop at Trader Joe's.  Okay, I'm just being sarcastic, but seriously, what's with the prices at Whole Foods?  Don't get me wrong.  I totally love that place.  The food is incredibly fresh besides having such a huge variety of all organic products.  I can only afford to shop at Trader Joe's.  I mean, I COULD shop at ALDI, and I do often times, but when it comes to meats, I don't trust their selection.  I try hardest to make sure all cuts of meat I buy are at least grass fed and consisting of no added hormones.  They don't necessarily have to be organic; I just want to know that the majority of the food I'm consuming isn't processed.  Especially now that I'm no longer a teacher (did I not mention that I was a teacher?  I'll have to write up a blog entry on that sometime), it's harder for me to shop with these things in mind.  Believe it or not, I made really good money as a teacher; there seems to be a misconception about teachers' pay and people seem to assume they make no money.  Well, working for Chicago Public Schools pays quite well.  Anyway, this entry is about food and the differences between these two major chains.  I've always been happy shopping at Trader Joe's.  They have a huge selection of all organic products and their meat, for the most part, seems to be as natural as it could possibly be.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment